This unique wine proudly bears the name of its vineyard located in Olivares de Duero, at the heart of Ribera del Duero's Golden Mile. Las Solanas hamlet is, above all, a spectacle to behold with its idyllic landscape. Located between 740 and 820 metres above sea level, it sits on a steeply sloping plot of land sheltered by a hillside, crowned by a pine forest where partridges, hares, wild boars, roe deer and foxes live together happily. Its south-facing orientation ensures excellent sun exposure, and its location protects the vineyards from the prevailing westerly winds. In three words: It has everything. Soil, nice weather, and vineyards. And of course, the wine:
- Its persistence is noteworthy, thanks to its peculiar acid black fruit notes, such as ripe blackberries.
- It is a wine with a high mineral content, provided by its calcareous soil.
- Subtle nuances of spices and cocoa.
- Fantastic balance, typical of a wine with soul, but with great body.
- Magic, typical of a signature wine.
This is a perfect wine for drinking on its own. Yet it can also be served with roast meat, game, Iberian ham, foie, and cheese. A suggestion: Be bold and pair it up with chocolate.